QEI has a dynamic, collaborative and rewarding environment while providing the flexibility to balance your personal and professional life. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including flexible work schedule, bonus plan, matching 401k, affordable health, dental, and vision coverage, and paid life insurance.
Perform a variety of engineering tasks including design and field inspection for bridge and building projects of various complexities under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. Responsible for structural analysis and design of bridge structures, culverts, earth retention systems and other structures including preparation and checking of calculations and drawings. Develop plans, specifications and estimates for a variety of bridge and transportation projects. Plan and perform NBIS inspections, prepare bridge inspection reports, and perform live load rating. Prepare technical reports and perform alternative analyses Provide support during construction phase including shop drawing reviews, response to contractor RFIs and submittals. Ensure compliance with QAQC procedures for delivery to the client. Mentor younger staff. Additional responsibilities include assistance with project scoping and establishment of design criteria.
- Master’s in civil / structural engineering.
- At least 24 months as Civil Engineer / Structural Engineer.
- Licensed professional engineer.
- Certified in NHI safety inspection of in-service bridges.
- Experience with AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications, AASHTO standard specifications for highway bridges, IDOT and Illinois tollway bridge projects.
- Experience with new bridge projects and bridge rehabilitation projects.
- Experience in task management.
- Excellent written/oral communication skills.
- Able to work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Demonstrable knowledge of discipline-specific software including office software and structural design/analysis software Word, Excel, PowerPoint, AASHTOware BrR, Leap Bridge, PTC Mathcad, Staad.Pro, MicroStation.
Apply For: Civil Engineer
Professional Land Surveyor
Walcott, IA - Quad Cities
Quigg Engineering is experiencing growth and is seeking candidates for an Iowa Survey Department Head for our Walcott, IA office. Our survey department provides high-quality services with a team experienced in traditional methods along with the latest surveying technologies.
Responsibilities include assisting in the preparation of proposals/estimates, searching record documents to obtain boundary/parcel information, coordinating surveys, preparation of data and creation of survey drawings/plats for topographic and boundary surveys, producing final/submittal documents for the Survey Department and when applicable, coordinate findings with the Engineering Department and assist, train, and supervise survey staff as needed.
Projects include Construction Layout, ALTA, Boundary & Right-of-Way surveys, Surveys for Control Establishment, Topographic Surveys, Hydrographic Surveys, Railway & Bridge Surveys and Right-of-Way & Easements Plat Preparation.
Ideal candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) License in Iowa required
- 5 + years of experience as a PLS in Iowa
- Nebraska or Minnesota license a plus.
- Experience with GPS and Robotic Survey Equipment. High definition scanning experience a plus.
- Transportation survey experience. Knowledge of IL DOT or IA DOT requirements a plus.
- Experience with Microstation and Geopak. Experience with Geopak/OpenRoads, and AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Valid driver’s license
Apply For: Professional Land Surveyor
Construction Highway Inspector
Quigg Engineering Inc. (QEI) is seeking candidates for a Construction Highway Inspector to work on Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) projects.
- INDOT Site Manager Certification required
- Minimum 2 years of construction inspection in roadway or bridges projects, preferably with INDOT
- High school Diploma or GED required
- Working Knowledge of INDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual and Inspector Manual
- Proficient in applying standard testing techniques and procedures for the verification of material
- Ability to read and interpret complex plans, specifications, and shop drawings
- Ability to multitask on fast – paced construction projects
- Ability to assist to prepare final construction documents for project close- out
- Ability to coordinate with contractors, clients and staff, communicate effectively with all parties and good interpersonal skills
- INDOT – Certified Technician preferred
- INDOT – Qualified Testing Technician preferred
- Experience with Site Manager software application preferred
- Experience with Microsoft and Excel
- Work under the direction of Resident Engineer
- Daily inspection efforts on complex and diverse projects that require experience in the construction of roadways and bridges
- Verify the implementation of contract documents
- Produce through inspection reports and maintain detailed records of work performed
- Produce and maintain punch list
- Perform mid-level complexity mathematical calculations
Apply For: Construction Highway Inspector
Structural Project Manager
Are you a structural engineer looking for an opportunity to lead a Structure Design Team? Quigg Engineering Inc. (QEI) is seeking an experienced Structural Engineer interested in managing bridge and structure projects located predominately in the northern portion of the state. This management position is located in the Chicago area and will act as part of the overall company structure team. Applicants must have good communication skills and take responsibility for the development of structural designs and studies.
- Act as Project Manager or Lead Engineer on projects under the direction of the company Chief Structural Engineer
- Utilize current technology and engineering software on projects
- Take a proactive role in business development activities
- Commit to quality and continuous improvement
- Develop junior structure staff
- Minimum of 8 years related work experience preferably with IDOT and ISTHA projects.
- BS in Civil Engineering with structural emphasis required, MS in Structural Engineering preferred
- Illinois SE license required
- Software knowledge including MS Office, Microstation and structural analysis programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standard design and analysis software
Apply For: Structural Project Manager
Project Designer – Site Development
Quigg Engineering is looking for a Project Designer for site development and subdivision projects in Central Florida. The candidate will be part of a team of experienced designers and will have the opportunity to advance into a lead design role.
Ideal candidates have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in site development and storm water management design in Florida.
- AutoCad experience is required.
- Experience with the following:
- Florida design criteria
- Drainage computer software
- Assembling plan sets
- Coordinating with various permitting agencies
Apply For: Project Designer – Site Development
Project Engineer – Site Development
Quigg Engineering is looking for a Project Engineer to design site development and subdivision projects in Central Florida. The candidate will be part of a team of experienced designers and will have the opportunity to advance into a lead design role.
New team members should possess experience and technical leadership skills in Design & Plan Preparation, Site Development, Storm Water Management and Permitting. The successful candidate will be part of a team of experienced designers and will have the opportunity to advance into a lead design role.
Ideal candidates have the following qualifications:
- B.S. in Civil Engineering with professional licensure in the State of Florida
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more areas:
- Site development and subdivision planning and design
- Storm water management and drainage design
- Hydraulic calculations
- Roadway planning and design
- AutoCad Civil 3D
- FDOT design experience a plus