Select Highways & Roads Projects
- I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) Mile Long Bridge Reconstruction, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
- IL Route 75, Rock River to IL Route 2, Rockton, IL, IDOT District 2
- Jane Adams Memorial Tollway Reconstruction and Add Lane, Genoa Rd. to Mill Rd., Winnebago and Boone Counties, IL, Illinois Tollway
- I-90 from Rockton Road to Illinois/Wisconsin state line, Winnebago County, IL, IDOT District 2
- Elgin O’Hare West Bypass, U.S. Route 20 to IL Route 83, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
Jane Adams Memorial Tollway Reconstruction and Add Lane, Genoa Rd. to Mill Rd., Winnebago and Boone Counties, IL, Illinois Tollway
This $80+ million project included Phase II engineering services for the preparation of contract plans, specifications and estimate of cost for the reconstruction of the existing EB and WB traffic lanes and adding an additional lane in Boone and Winnebago Counties, Illinois. This project segment included three crossover bridges and three major crossroad box culverts. The project was divided up into multiple construction projects to maintain the existing traffic through the project corridor during construction. QEI prepared the temporary erosion control plans and specifications to be utilized during construction and post-construction. The appropriate landscape and soil erosion/sedimentation control measures were applied as necessary in accordance with the Tollway’s Environmental Studies Manual and Erosion and Sediment Control, Landscape Design Criteria. QEI assisted with the overall I-90 corridor environmental management and permit coordination, including coordination with resource and regulatory agencies, recommending Best Management Practices (BMPs), developing typical details for various applications and preparation of environmental permit documents.