Select Highways & Roads Projects
- I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) Mile Long Bridge Reconstruction, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
- IL Route 75, Rock River to IL Route 2, Rockton, IL, IDOT District 2
- Jane Adams Memorial Tollway Reconstruction and Add Lane, Genoa Rd. to Mill Rd., Winnebago and Boone Counties, IL, Illinois Tollway
- I-90 from Rockton Road to Illinois/Wisconsin state line, Winnebago County, IL, IDOT District 2
- Elgin O’Hare West Bypass, U.S. Route 20 to IL Route 83, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
I-90 from Rockton Road to Illinois/Wisconsin state line, Winnebago County, IL, IDOT District 2
This $34M project included preparation of plans, specifications and estimate for widening, reconstruction and rehabilitation of the existing four-lane freeway to six-lanes. Two interchanges and the rest area access ramps were also reconstructed. QEI’s involvement included reconstruction of the ramps at the Rockton Road interchange and the IL 75 interchange. The Rockton Road interchange included the reconstruction of the cross road approaches to the overpass structure. The Maintenance of Traffic plan was developed to handle traffic during construction on I-90 and keeping the ramps open at both interchanges. Final design and preparation of contract plans were completed November 2011.