Select Bridges Projects
- I-74 Mississippi River Crossing Between Moline, IL and Bettendorf, IA, IowaDOT District 6
- US 52 Savanna/Sabula Tied Arch bridge, IDOT District 2
- I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) Mile Long Bridge Reconstruction, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
- Tied-Arch Illinois River Bridge, Meredosia, Illinois, IDOT District 2
- Cedar Street Bridge over Illinois River, Peoria, IL, IDOT District 4
I-294 (Tri-State Tollway) Mile Long Bridge Reconstruction, Cook County, IL, Illinois Tollway
Quigg Engineering Inc. was a Joint Venture Partner in the planning and design of a $400M replacement of the 4,940 foot long, 54 span, dual Tollway Structures (Mile Long Bridge). The structures carry 8 lanes of I-290 traffic over CN Railroad, I&M Canal, Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Property, Des Plaines River, the BNSF Rail Yard, Santa Fe Drive, and 75th Street Interchange. Quigg’s responsibilities included the overall management and coordination for the survey, environmental and existing bridge inspection. The bridge inspection was NBIS element level involving the use of snooper, bucket trucks, and significant coordination. Quigg developed the inspection criteria and overall plan, arranged for the rental of access equipment, arranged for lane closures from both IDOT and the Tollway, arranged for railroad flaggers while working in the railyard, and managed the preparation of exhibits for the Bridge Condition Report. Survey tasks included topographic surveys of the bridge and railroad yard, hydraulic survey of canal and right of way surveys using 3-D Lidar scanning. Environmental tasks included wetland delineations, tree survey, and completion of the Environmental Evaluation Document. Quigg design activities to include bridge, retaining wall, roadway and erosion control design.